Saber's MineCraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber's MineCraft Server

Where the Pro MineCraft players play!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dylan's dilemma

Go down 
5 posters

Should we give mercy to Dylan001?
Yes
Dylan's dilemma  Vote_lcap60%Dylan's dilemma  Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Dylan's dilemma  Vote_lcap20%Dylan's dilemma  Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Does not matter
Dylan's dilemma  Vote_lcap20%Dylan's dilemma  Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:18 pm

A few days ago, I had reported dylan001 for stealing. I had been stolen from myself, and some others in the server complained that they had been robbed as well. I choose to show some mercy to dylan and appeal for a second chance for him. Yes, I did file to have him banned, but everyone deserves a second chance. I received the story from three main people. Dylan001, sonic, and Gman_09. I will break each person's story down. After reading this, I would like you to leave a reply and vote if dylan should be re-entered.

-------Gman_09's Story----------
Gman_09 says he saw Dylan poking around in the chest room of sonic's "Utopia" He along with sonic approached him and they fought. Gman was killed by Dylan, and Dylan was killed by sonic. Gman says that dylan had stole some diamonds, which dylan admits.

Gman's story was not very detailed or long. His role in this was assistant to Sonic.

---------Sonic's Story---------------
Sonic, a moderator of the server, had built a utopia for anyone to join if they would like. I have not seen this "Utopia" yet, but according to sonic, dylan had asked to go there. When Sonic and Gman_09 spotted Dylan in the chest room, they confronted and attacked without warning but did not kill Dylan. Moments later, Sonic says dylan and he agreed to fight to the death and the winner may reclaim/take the losers items. No backing down. In a brawl of 2v1, Gman had been slain by Dylan and Dylan was slain by Sonic shortly after.

Sonic is a force.

---------dylan's story---------------
Dylan admits to stealing and he knows he has done wrong. But, unlike the stories above, he says Sonic and Gman_09 assaulted him without warning and did not offer him a duel. After Dylan had died, he resumed normal minecraft play.

Dylan is the opposing force to sonic.

---------My Opinion---------------

Sure, what dylan did was wrong. But something I also find fault in is sonic's attack without warning. Sonic says he just attacked first, and then asked what Dylan was doing. Sonic should have asked dylan first about what he was doing instead of attacking head on. I'm not saying that sonic is the one at fault or anything, I just think that he should ask before action. Both primary forces of the story have no evidence to back any of it up, yet. But both stories match up with a little off here and there.

I realize I made a mistake and had come up to quick to report him for a ban. Most of the witnesses, Like PeiceofPaper, Intelle and some others whose names I cannot recall at the moment show sympathy for Dylan. We think dylan should get a second chance, but I will not just ask up front. I choose to have the Community of Saber's Server to vote if dylan should be allowed to be among us again. When the voting is done, if the answer is no, then obviously dylan does not get the be a part of this community. If the answer is yes, nobody should say "Oh Dylan, the votes say yes." Instead, the final and most important vote will be by Saber, or perhaps Jamex, for they both have the power to show Dylan mercy or not.

-----------Final Words---------------

Thank you all for reading that huge block of text. I would like everybody who reads this to vote and tell any other players who have seen Dylan001 in game to vote.
ServantSaber, ultimately this is your decision. If you choose not to let Dylan back to your server, I support you. I am not Dylan's friend nor am I his enemy, but a little mercy would be nice.

-----------To Dylan, if he reads this and Conclusion----------------

If you were lazy and didn't read this whole thing about your mistake, I'm leaving all decisions to the community. It is up to them to decide your fate. I will not take part in this vote. I cannot vote for or against you because I already have by writing the report and un-ban request. If you allowed to come back, be cautious. I will monitor you. If you do anything to disrupt this community that most people won't tolerate, you WILL be banned again and PERMANENTLY, because I will not write one of these again. Don't take me as I am being harsh, I just want you to be aware of it.

Report and Request written by
-Cz'

Sorry for the inconvenience

POLL WILL BE HELD FOR TWO DAYS TO VOTE. I STRESS THAT YOU GET EVERYONE TO VOTE *AFTER* READING THE STORIES. On Saturday, I will post the results. Then we leave it to Saber to unban or not.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks for taking your time to do this. I appreciate it. I'm not going to defend him or go against him but, he should have known better not to steal. Simply asking would work.
Back to top Go down
https://sabersmcserver.forumotion.com
G_man09
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:37 pm

This is what really happened sonic, intele, paper and I were adding some more rooms to Utopia (which both sonic and i own). When dylan001 proposed a trade offer. Sonic jumped at the idea. Everyone was giving a diamond sword in case something went wrong. Sonic teleported Dylan into Utopia. He was then walked through Utopia. He was following sonic, to the side of him inele and the other side was paper and i believe taco and i was at the back, When all of a sudden dylan changed direction and headed for the chest room. He knew exactly where to go so that means he has been there before, Sonic, paper, intele, taco and i were standing in the room questioning him when he opened the chest and teleported home. Sonic and i dumped our stuff in a chest except for the sword and armor, sonic then teled himself and me to dylan. After talking to him he admitted to stealing the diamonds and challenged sonic to a fight winner takes all. I was watching the fight when sonic was killed then he turned on me, I used the /home command to get to saftey so i wouldn't have died. Sonic started raging about his stuff and then dylan quit after about 20mins after the indecent and has not been on the server since.

I never attacked dylan while he was on Utopian ground, I admit that i said i would hit him if he opened a chest but he teled home to fast. I was never in the fight because dylan said to me you ref but when he started attacking me i acted in self defense. I also was never killed.

So thats my account of what happened

Please note that paper and inele were afk while in the chest room.
Only trusted people are allowed into Utopia and further precautions have been put into place to stop this happening again. No one knows how to get there on foot even sonic and i find it hard to get to Utopia, it as about 20mins away from the spawn.

I really hope this clears everything up it would be good to here sonics side of the story because hes the one who brought him to utopia in the first place.
I believe that he should be given and second change because it is really hard to find a good server and he was a good builder, I don't mind what happens but he will not be welcome in Utopia.

________
Thanks
Gman
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

My experiences of Dylan001:
I havn't witnessed any thefts by Dylan and have only heard other peoples versions. But I also talked to Dylan together with oscardahlberg. We asked him and told him that he had been accused of theft of the forum. I must also say that I had remembered wrong from what I read and had thought that he already had been banned, While I went in on the forum to inform of this oscardahlberg continued talking to Dylan, if I remember correct than they talked about him having stolen. When I got back I joined in on the conversation and he claimed to be completely innocent and that it was all sonics fault for him being accused. He said that sonic had wanted to frame him. I remember him saying "brb just gonna go hack sonic". We then left him alone and he soon after logged out.

My Opinion:
I think that it was very wrong and a major violation of the rules to steal diamond from someones land/place. And from the other members versions he also had been there before and Knew exactly where to go. He then also claimed to be innocent and blamed sonic. But I agree that everyone should be given a second chance after having admitted. So I suggest perhaps banning him from the server for maybe a week, to show that breaking the rules of this server has at least some consequences. After that I suggest him being warned that another violation of the rules would give him a permanent ban. I myself have a bad experience if you show others that breaking rules give no consequences, thats why I feel this is needed.
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:35 pm

My Opinion:
I havent seen hem theifing but i belive what everyone is saying, the only thing i dont like about him is hes language. Because i dont like when anyone swears to me or tells me to shut up, and i dont like what he said to me and alfen97 "Brb im just going to hack sonic"
And then leaves. But i could give him a second chance. But (again) if he swears to me or anyone one more time or steals or whetever im going to be pissed.
- OscarDahlberg
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Hmm.   Dylan's dilemma  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Thank you for replying in detail.

Gman09, I recall you telling me someone died and I had assumed it was you because you said sonic killed dylan after he killed someone. However, you said Sonic kiled him. I'm assuming sonic came back to kill dylan AFTER dylan had won the fight. If so, sonic shouldn't have made such action and was being too rash.

Alfen97, thank you for sharing your words.

oscar, I will be sure to monitor him. If he displays rude acts to you at a certain extent, I will show him no mercy. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
G_man09
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am

Sonic was killed by Dylan then he came back and attacked Dylan even tho the fight was over. I'm guessing that sonic didn't like losing his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Sonic then commit a crime. Dylan won and he deserved all the items he won. Sonic shouldnt have killed dylan after he lost. Now i think sonic was acting childish. It was wrong of sonic to do such a thing.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:59 am

Did Sonic agree to the fight?

But honestly, I don't like the way Dylan does his thing. Dueling for someone's hard work isn't really what I call just.

But in his defense.. If Sonic accepted it then it will have to be Sonic's own fault.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:28 pm

When I had asked sonic what had happened he told me it was he who challenged dylan to the duel. Not dylan who challenged sonic. Everyone who is key to Trying to find a solution seem to be changing the story. The vote is closed. Saber i leave the final decision to you. By the way, we have been having some other thefts even though dylan is gone. Another person who most likely doing the new wave of crime is compassi. If i go to help someone build something, i normally stay there for quite a while. One time upon returning to my house with /home compassi was in my house. I sealed my hidden chests and the door to my home with cobblestone, but when i got to my house a section of my wall had been removed. I asked compassi what he was doing in my house. He left right after i asked. Fortunately, he didn't take anything. I say that compassi should be monitored closely. Saber i stress that you get the chest protect mod asap.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 am

Yeah. I've been testing some out. None of them are working so far. ):
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:45 am

I will allow him to return if he actually understands that using this forum can save him. So, until then, he'll still be banned.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:19 am

Very True, Saber. Thank you all for sharing your stories and opinions.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 am

I have founded and added a chest protect mod. but not sure if it works for everyone else. it apparently works for me though.
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Apparently there seems to have been a misunderstanding, because Dylan logged on today and told me he had never admitted stealing anything and said that he was completely innocent. He told me his version of what happened

Dylan's Version: He and PeiceofPaper were trading in the chest room of "Utopia". He was standing on top of one of the chests and Sonic and G_man came in. Sonic looked in the chest and saw that something had been stolen and accused Dylan right away. And without warning killed Dylan. Dylan then went and killed Sonic in revenge. After that, if I've understood it correctly, Sonic challenged Dylan to a duel where the winner would get the stolen items. Dylan claims that he told Sonic that he didn't have them, but according to Dylan Sonic didn't care. I believe Dylan was the winner of the duel.

This seems to be VERY different in some aspects than the other statements by Sonic and G_man and also very different from the version Czethros said was from Dylan. Dylan told me that he had talked to Czethros but said he had never admitted anything, other thank killing Sonic. Ii suggest that Saber or Jamex should talk to Dylan while he is online

P.S. I told Dylan to check the forum and read this thread but apprently he says he can't log in or access this thread becuase he is banned from both the forum and server.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Well I have unbanned him for now. But please instruct him that Utopia will NOT welcome him and he will be PVPed on site if he is seen there. All trading will have to be done somewhere else.

Edit: Didn't notice the last part. I guess banning on MC bans on forums too.. Didn't know that was still in effect.

Btw, can all mods and jradmins closely monitor dylan this time? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 pm

I think keeping an eye on him would be good and I should probably mention that he asked me to tp him to "Utopia". He said it was to show me what had happened but you never know I suppose. Does he know the way there and is it possible for him to get in? Does anyone know? And I'd also like to try finding out who has the most correct version of what happened, so perhaps Czethros could tell us what Dylan told him during their conversation and maybe a statement from Sonic himself.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Dylan told me he stole from Sonic, but Dylan says he was attacked without warning. He said he never agreed to any duel (unless he deliberately didn't want to tell me).
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:19 pm

That seems very odd because he denied having admitted stealing or stealing. He told me that Sonic challenged him to a duel (but only when I asked about that part). And that was after they had killed each other once each. In other words he has to be lying or just leaving certain parts out to at least one of us.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:18 am

True you are Alfen. However, burglaries are continuing to hit me. My original home has been broken into 4 times already. Luckily, the thief has only discovered one chest. I need to catch whoever this is in the act.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:57 am

Sorry for disappointing you Czethros.
I've been preoccupied with college and many other things, such as figuring out the LWC mod. I will need some time before I can try to crack down on the thief.
There's also a post about a new world if anyone wants to cast a vote for it.
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Well if there's still a thief on the loose than I think all mods and admins should of course put it on their priority list (in minecraft then) to find out who this might be and get him banned asap. Although I think that Saber should keep on working with the mods to protect chests and stuff like that rather than just trying to hunt him down. Thanks for all the work with the mods and stuff Saber Very Happy I think I can say that we all appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Saber, I'm not disappointed at all. Sad at being robbed, yes, but definitely not disappointed in anybody. I'm sure college is tough, though I have not been through it myself yet. Most of my friends don't have time to play anymore. The fact that you are able to get your assignments finished and work on the server is astounding. I will do what I can to help you to relieve any part of your work load, if possible. Such as, testing out things, help monitor the server, researching mods, etc. It does not matter to me if the /lwc mod works. I can wait. Everybody has their own priorities and the top of yours is college no doubt. Even if the chest mod won't be up for half a year, I won't flame or rage about it. I might complain, but that is only when I have a sucky attitude. Whatever you plan on doing first at any time that works for you, you have my support.

-Cz

Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:22 pm

I agree with Czethros, college is definately your number 1 priority but I'm sure you know this better than me Smile I don't know much about mods and logs and stuff like that but just let me know if you need help with anything in-game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylan's dilemma  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's dilemma    Dylan's dilemma  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dylan's dilemma
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saber's MineCraft Server :: Support :: Reporting Players-
Jump to: