Saber's MineCraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber's MineCraft Server

Where the Pro MineCraft players play!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated

Go down 
+3
Czethros
oscardahlberg
ServantSaber
7 posters

Should we merge our community with my friend's community?
Yes
IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Vote_lcap60%IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
No
IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Vote_lcap30%IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Maybe
IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Vote_lcap10%IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:22 am

As you know, this server has a 10 player cap, and I often run tests on it.

I have talked with a fellow friend of mine, Billy, who also owns a MineCraft server.

However, his server can hold up around 20-100 players and is less restrictive on rules like this server have.

He has agreed to list the players from here to join his server but does not give starter kits.

If at least 70% or 5+ people agrees with this merge, I will turn this server into a private server, meaning rules will be alot more restrictive (in response to griefing) and we will no longer accept any players except for those that are truly trustworthy.

Also, if this server merge is a success, ONLY 7 players will be selected to join the private server along with me, Jamex199, and Billy.

Please tell me what you think and vote. Encourage other players of the community to vote too.

EDIT: I added vote cancelling so if you want to pull back your vote, feel free to do so.

Last edited by ServantSaber on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sabersmcserver.forumotion.com
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:40 am

For those who do not understand what merging means, it means that we will combine our two communities together.
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Will we still have our forum? or will we register on his forum and one more question what means "restrictive"? and the last if so may i join Smile
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:20 pm

With a capacity of that many people, who knows what will happen. Will there be enough space to contain us all? How will we find out the griefers/thiefs? There are too many questions to ask with that amount of people. I'd like to keep this server the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I must agree with Czethros, there is no way to find out who it is every time something's been griefed or stolen. I prefer having it the way this server is now. We've built up a close community where everyone pretty much trusts everyone and we have less griefing and thefts than any 100 player cap server. Another thing I see as a bit of a problem is that when you join a large server like that it can be quite hard "getting in". It'll probably already be heavily populated and built everywhere. Starting new in a world like that without starter kits doesn't sound like that fun to be honest. I'd probably prefer if we keep on working towards making our server better instead of joining a huge one.
Back to top Go down
Zombie_killer97
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Alfen is completely right, I mean if we don't get starter kits we will be forced to go 20 mins from spawn to get som tree.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 pm

You all are misunderstanding.

1. He is way better at adding mods than I am.
2. I am sure his world map will be alot bigger than my world map.
3. I will still keep the forums, but this will be used between the 7-10 people I selected.

Less restrictive means he doesn't impose as much rules, but there will still be no griefing on his server.

I am also sure he will be able to come up with a chest protect mod or an area protect mod in no time at all either.

@ oscar ; will have to wait if its a success or a failure.
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:34 pm

I still believe that when someone does succeed in stealing or griefing it will be very hard to find out who. And as I said before, with that many players it will be over built and I just think that it's much smoother keeping it as it is. I believe a small community works much better than a big one like that in Minecraft and I like the way everyone knows everybody and everyonr trusts everyone, that feeling isn't really possible to create in big communities. But that's just my opinion and if the votes say that we're merging than I won't complaint.
Back to top Go down
ZaroSath
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:55 am

although i have no say in this, i would like to explain to everyone the status of my server.

currently it just came back online running with a custom server called bukkit which allows modding. since then its been on a host that is still being evaluated but so far it seems to be stable and also doesn't force limited player-slots and things like that.

i would also like to note, it is still unsure what the new host can handle and how big we want the limit to be.

the community is actually not as large as you would think, before update 1.3 we had an average of 10 players on a day with a cap of 20 while we've also hit the cap in the past, our old host had performance issues making server uptime list on mcserverlist.net as 70-90 and so we haven't hit the limit since, the new server should change that.

the map isn't exactly a huge city either, the spawn is a nice and open area with tree's nearby while having some development close by too, we've made a spot for a city away from spawn where players can build in a no-pvp zone too.

that is not to say it is without dangers though, the only strict rules so far are no griefing and no camping other peoples bases/buildings and or zones and so that leaves room for player-killing everywhere else in the world except for spawn and the city although we are always open for change, when we see the need. we are a build-survival server, combining the best of both.

and what about protection? well we prefer not to have a hassle for new player's when joining so they can get right in and play while also players can request player-owned zones which they can manage who can build on it and even who else can manage it, keeping your buildings safe while possibly but still undecided, your chests to only your members.

we also have a decent mod team to help protect the world although we could use some help if Saber wants to recommend some people for me to consider.

for more information about the server please go to http://zarosath.com/ and we also urge you to check the server out at play.zarosath.com before deciding.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 am

So its a pvp survival-building server? And it said on your forum that you, Saber wanted this server to be a private server so if that is what you whant i can surely join the other server ( if i am one of the seven)
Back to top Go down
ZaroSath
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:20 am

its a build-survival server, the survival part is why we have pvp.
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Omg im sorry i read the thing u wrote wrong, Saber. I would really like to stay at this server i thought you meant that there was 7 of persons of this server would come with you and merge to the other server. Im so sorry and would like to vote yes insted of no!

//OscarDahlberg
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm

As à last post before going on vacation I want to thank you for clarifying how your server works. But to be honest, hearing that there are barely any rules and that you allow PvP made me even less eager to merge. That's one of the things I love about this server, that it had clear and strict rules and doesn't allow PvP. I lag quite a lot from time to time and wouldn't stand a chance on a server that allows PvP. But that is my last post until Sunday next week so I guess I'll simply have to see what the votes mak of it.
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:35 am

@ Alfen97 ;

As I have said, I will select only a few trusted people (I am thinking of 7-10 but will only accept a maximum of 20) to stay on my server.

You most likely will be one, i will make a list later relating to the people i select.

THOSE following people will HAVE to post under it, so I know that they are interested in becoming exclusive participants.
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am

Since the ratio for merge is 2:1

I will now post Zarosath's server which is " play.zarosath.com "

If you ever get bored of a private community, you can always feel free to play in the public community.

If you want to join his game, its also whitelisted now too, but won't be under much control as my server is.

You will need to;
register for http://zarosath.com/forum/portal.php
Give it 10minutes, and you should be able to become a member.
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:57 am

Hey saber! I think its updated now cause i have seen many servers that have it, dont know if its the same that we had before but its something. Becaues me and my friends really whants to play together now so please try and get something Wink
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Or just get another one like random one
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:15 am

Yes, I know. But the server I bought it from gives me limited functions, sadly to say.. And I've sent a ticket to them about a week ago. The server I am renting has only Hmod and runecraft.. I am still waiting for their crappy reply ):
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 pm

oh okey then :/ We will be waiting Smile
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:36 am

They responded and finally updated the stupid control panel.. anyways I'll be getting to work on whitelist, etc and a new world now. Please contact me if you are on the same time as I am and I will give you a basic starter package as promised.

Edit:
Good news, 90% of the basic functions like /spawn or /sethome SHOULD work. if not, please PM me about it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Hurray 8D Thats awesome :'D how much after the UK time are you? Smile
Back to top Go down
Alfen97
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:02 pm

@oscardahlberg: I believe we (Stockholm) are are 8 hours ahead of Los Angeles
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 am

Lol. If anything glitches, or theres any problems, pm me about it. Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
Intelle
Nubbie
Nubbie
Intelle

PostSubject: Zarosmith is closing.   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:36 pm

I went on the Zarosmith forums and Zarosmith said that he is shutting down the server. I also want to say that Peice, Oscar, Czethros, and I have have started a new town for members. Tell us if you are interested in joining!
Back to top Go down
oscardahlberg
Nubbie
Nubbie
oscardahlberg

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Indeed and the cordinations for this town is X:-11.1, Y:73.6 and Z:555.5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated   IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Possible community + server merge February 26 - Updated
Page 1 of 1