Saber's MineCraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber's MineCraft Server

Where the Pro MineCraft players play!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to restore the server

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDCHeck
Nubbie
Nubbie

How to restore the server Empty
PostSubject: How to restore the server   How to restore the server EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Hello saber, I currently know a way to repair the old server to work with the version 1.3 update.
Upon telling you this I just ask that you may make me a moderator, you do not need to it is just a request. No matter if you make me a mod or not here is how to fix the server.

You must still have the files for the old server!!!

Access your %appdata% folder on you computer, then in .minecraft go to saves
copy and paste the world file from the old server into your saves. Run minecraft and play single player, select your old server's world and let it convert the world to be capable with the 1.3 update then go back to your saves folder and copy the new configured old server and paste it in the current server. Let it replace the new world and next time you start up the server the old world should work! I hope this works for you.

I would like to become a mod if that is ok? Just a side request, no need to allow me to become one.
Back to top Go down
Czethros
Nubbie
Nubbie
Czethros

PostSubject: Re: How to restore the server   How to restore the server EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 am

That is if Saber really wants to get the old server stuff back. It isn't looked upon as favored, however because Her poll on the new world shows the demand for a new world. Also, the mods won't be as compatible with the 1.3 server.
Back to top Go down
TheDCHeck
Nubbie
Nubbie

PostSubject: Re: How to restore the server   How to restore the server EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 am

I didn't know mods no longer existed with 1.3 :/ and i was aware of poll but didn't know results though, thanks anyway. And I just put the fix for if she was looking for it. But if the server is starting from scratch: full support
Back to top Go down
ServantSaber
Admin
Admin
ServantSaber

PostSubject: Re: How to restore the server   How to restore the server EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:58 am

DCHeck. I really wanted to restore the server but MineCraft 1.3 rendered it useless for my server..
I had it already backed up so I will post it up as a download link soon. It is NOT my highest priority, but I am aiming to back up the worlds we all played on, so I can upload it for everyone to use in single player (if it can work). =)

And also with moderators, I might be asking 1 or 2 to step down. I'm only looking for moderators across the clock from me, aka goes on a separate time usually.
Back to top Go down
https://sabersmcserver.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to restore the server   How to restore the server Empty

Back to top Go down

How to restore the server
Page 1 of 1